Bunaken National Park

Golden Holidays - Bunaken National Park is a marine park located in North Sulawesi, Indonesia. The park is located in the Coral Triangle, a habitat for 390 species of coral  as well as various species of fish, mollusks, reptiles and marine mammals. Kruger National Park is representative of Indonesian marine ecosystems, including seagrass meadows, coral reefs and coastal ecosystems
This national park was established in 1991 and covering an area of ​​890.65 km². 97% of this national park is the habitat of the sea, while the remaining 3% is land, includes five islands: Bunaken, Manado Tua, Mantehage, Naen and Siladen.

Bunaken National Park has a coral reef ecosystems are very kaya.Terdapat about 390 species of coral reefs in the region ini.Spesies algae that can be found in Bunaken National Park is Caulerpa, Halimeda and Padina, while species of seaweed commonly found are Thalassia hemprichii, Enhallus acoroides and Thalassaodendron ciliatum. Bunaken National Park also has a variety of fish species, marine mammals, reptiles, birds, mollusks and mangrove. About 90 species of fish living in the waters of this region.

On the mainland, the island is rich in Arecaceae, sago, woka, silar and coconut. In addition, Bunaken National Park also has animal species that live on the mainland, such as deer and possum. Mangrove forest in the park is a habitat for crabs, lobsters, molluscs and sea birds
In this region, there are 22 villages with a total population of around 35,000. Most of them work as fishermen or farmers coconuts, yams, bananas and seaweed for export, while others worked as guides, workers cottages and captains.

Tourism in this region continue to be developed. Between 2003 to 2006, the number of visitors in Bunaken National Park reached 32,000 to 39,000 inhabitants, with 8-10000 them are foreign tourists.

Bunaken National Park was formally established in 1991 and is one of the first marine park in Indonesia. In 2005, Indonesia's national parks listed to UNESCO for inclusion into the World Heritage Site. Despite having the status of a national park and get adequate funding, the park is degraded small due to the mining of coral reefs, anchor damage, the use of bombs and cyanide in fishing, diving and garbage. [1] World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to provide support conservation as part of the "Sulu Sulawesi Marine Eco-region Action Plan". Conservation includes patrol, which has reduced the use of bombs in catching fish.

2 Responses to "Bunaken National Park "